Monday, September 20, 2010

Mehndi adventure....

....and it worked!!! After an arduous day (seriously...) of having my friend glop on an unbelievable amount of thick henna/indigo mud, and then sitting with it for 2 1/2 hours on my head (yuck, heavy and oozy!) I finally washed it off. Completely surreal. As enormous torrents of green/brown goop sluiced down my body, splashed on the shower walls, and made a general horror, I was reminded of the scene from psycho. Two ( or was it three?) lathers of shampoo and two applications of conditioner later, I was done. I was literally afraid to look at my head. Would the hair be green? Black? Orange? Wow. Deep, natural-looking, only slightly auburn-colored brown. Lovely. Can't wait to see how it matures, but meanwhile, I've hit upon a (slightly messy) miracle to the hair-dye dilemma.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is so fantastic! You should have video recorded the event! Your post narrative makes for a good storyline! Cannot wait to see the results in person!!