Thursday, January 25, 2007

When in doubt......


When in doubt about what to knit next, I make socks. OK, I went through a period of total sock-burnout. I made a toe-up sock out of light denim blue on size 1 needles, and then never had the chutzpah to make the second. Total second-sock-itis. But here I am, between projects, with a sock stash that is, well, embarassing, so I am making socks. I prefer the hourglass heel and toe, toe-up version as far as appearance and wearability. HOWEVER.....I find that I have to use my brain too much for this method, so with this pair I am doing the old top-down, heel flap version. The yard is some hand-dye yarn I picked up at my LYS, Renaissance Yarns. I am really liking this colorway, which has brown, dark brown, rust and some magenta thrown in. When this is done, I am on to, hold your breath now, an Adrienne Vittadini lace sweater. More to come on this.....

No comments: